Digital Manufacturing Ireland (DMI):
A Strategic Government Initiative led by the IDA, the DMI is a newly established centre which is helping Irish-based manufacturers (MNCs and SMEs) to access and accelerate their adoption of digital technologies. Offering a world-class physical and digital factory, a vendor showcase, an industry collaboration space, and training facilities, DMI is bringing together technology, expertise, training and business support to help manufacturing companies to enhance, transform and position their operations for the future. DMI are incredibly proud of our distinct mission, and it is against this backdrop that we are building a carefully selected team of industry leaders and specialists to deliver this best-in-class offering both in Ireland and abroad.
The role will be primarily located in the DMI HQ in the National Technology Park, Castletroy, Limerick, Ireland, with the option to work remotely on a hybrid basis, subject to business requirements.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
With this role you will work as part of the Operations Technology team to support DMI and its clients. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting our clients in the development of automation control systems across a wide spectrum of industries utilising cutting edge technologies. You will have a deep knowledge of SCADA systems and their integration within various manufacturing processes. There is a functional state-of-the-art production line in DMI and your role will be to optimise and integrate new modules to this production line. An important aspect of this position is the understanding of end-to-end digital twin of product and process from an automation perspective.
- Convey technical concepts clearly to a variety of audiences using the appropriate level of detail for the target audience.
- Keep ahead of current trends related to automation engineering and the underlying technologies.
You can look forward to:
- Bringing cutting edge automation solutions to life across various manufacturing domains.
- Developing world class automation solutions for Ireland’s manufacturing base.
Key Skills and Competencies:
Qualifications and Experience Required
- Experience of Allan Bradley, Siemens, Schneider or Rockwell PLC programming and HMI systems will be essential.
- Experience with IT/OT Networking – Historian & Reporting Applications.
- A good knowledge of IT systems/MES is required for this role.
- Knowledge of GMP’S, regulatory requirements, and system validation.
- Ability to collaborate with internal and external partners in a global setup
- Understanding of industry 4.0 and digitalization in general.
- Holding a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Mechanical/Biomedical/Mechatronics/Electronic/Process Engineering or equivalent qualification with appropriate industrial experiences.
The following experience would be an advantage
- Knowledge of communications protocols and networking a distinct advantage such as Profinet, Ethernet IP, ModBus, Profibus and OPC-UA.
- Experience with the integration of SCADA systems to MES and particularly MOMs is also an advantage.